Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Yesterday was a very sad day for me. Yesterday i took my husband to the airport because he is leaving for a 6 month deployment. I know that i am lucky he is gone for only 6 months but it doesn't hurt any less.
I never thought that i could love someone so much, or that i could be loved back just as much (more if you listen to him). This is almost like a breakup you never wanted: your heart hurts and you just wish you could kiss him one more time. The only difference i can think of is that you still talk on the phone and express your love.
I don't know how long it will take for me to stop crying, but i hope it is soon. Preparation H is very expensive and i would rather buy shoes or clothes (prep H is used to reduce the swelling around the eyes for those of you who don't know that).
I am lucky enough to have family here who love me very much. I have been ordered to hang out with my aunt at least every other day. Also my cousin is taking me with her to her military ball instead of a date so that i can dress up (we always have fun when we dress up) and go have some fun. Without the love and support of my family i don't know how i would get through. I am a very lucky woman.
So all who read this, please send your thoughts and prayers to all the soldiers, military personnel and the families they leave behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment